Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Topps Without Borders-2005

I am removing the borders from the Topps designs year by year.

This time it is 2005.

With border:

2005 Topps Chris Denorfia

 And now with a smaller border:





 I call 2005 Topps the 'Nascar' set because it looks like the hood of a Nascar car with all the ads all over the place. Not to mention having the huge last name in gold foil adding a gimmicky touch.

I do actually like the 2005 set, though.

Once again, the photo comes more into play when you eliminate most of the border.

The smaller border looks less glitzy than the original, but the big black bar at the bottom with the team name dominates the card in a bad way, I feel.

Keeping the big last name on top actually balances out the card.

Side by side:
























I'm going to go back and redo all the 'Border' posts in this way, as it just looks better and is actually less boring than they already are.

Up next, 2004.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Until reading this post, I hadn't properly noticed the neat little color twist Topps employed in this set at the top and bottom of the photo frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did either until I was editing the card.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting and reading.

www.listia.com more free stuff on Listia